Summary JOB SUMMARY:
This position performs a variety of highly skilled journey-level work by constructing, troubleshooting, maintaining and wiring a wide variety of equipment and conducting preventive maintenance programs. This position requires the use of analytical skills in implementing various aspects of process control.WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all qualifiedapplicants. Please note that first priority will be given to S.E.I.U., Wastewater Local 925 transfer and internal candidates.
Please Note:West Point Treatment Plant is recruiting to fill two (2) permanent Career Service positions. This posting may be used to fill additional Career Service and Temporary positions as they occur in the next 6 months.WORK SCHEDULE:
The treatment plants are operated 24/7. This position is currently assigned to working a 4 x 10 schedule, work hours of 6:00 am - 4:30 pm. Applicants must be available to work any and all assigned shift schedules. This position is overtime eligible
TheWastewater Treatment Division
is committed to the principles ofequity and social justice.
We value diverse perspectives and life experiences in ourworkforce and are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. WTD strives to provide equitable services to residents and businesses across King County.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on low (0-1000 volts), medium (1 KV-72.5KV) and high (72.5 KV - 242 KV) voltage switchgear, transformer and distribution systems and power generation systems including standby emergency generating, co-generating systems and ancillary equipment;
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on motor control centers, including associated control devices such as relays, timers, switches, and interlocks;
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repairs to variable frequency and direct current drives including adjustment of speed profiles, troubleshooting, and repairs to component levels and replacement when needed.
- Install, troubleshoot, reprogram and modify programmable logic controllers. Design and modify control circuits and related control devices and equipment.
- Interpret displayed data, troubleshoot, maintain and perform various repairs of distributive control systems and related hardware.
- Install, modify and upgrade new and existing electrical systems, fixtures and other related electrical equipment in compliance with municipal and national electrical codes.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair of uninterruptible power supply equipment including the servicing and replacement of batteries and other battery power sources.
- Repair and maintain the electrical equipment and controls associated with gas systems including gas compressors, gas drying systems, waste gas burners, flares, vaporizers, and boilers.
- Perform thermal imaging of electrical equipment, interpret results, create reports and repair problems.
- Review and update program documentation, and engineering drawings to facilitate coordination of maintenance efforts.
- Coordinate activities, schedule outages, and work cooperatively with those performing other crafts. Write material requests as needed for replacement of defective parts and to obtain additions to spare parts inventory.
- Provide on the job training for new and other skilled trades positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Three yearsofdemonstrated journey-level electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing plant
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience in reading, interpreting and applying national electrical codes, electrical theory and Instrument Society of America standards
- Three years of demonstrated application of the principles of electrical distribution and generation and equipment including but not limited to transformers, circuit breakers, protective relays, disconnect switches, voltage regulators, automatic transfer switches, synchronizing and power monitoring equipment
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience with different functions of electrical equipment including but not limited to battery, control, automation, lighting, motor, heating and cooling
- Three yearsof demonstrated skill in electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis procedures
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience with electrical test equipment used for electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis, and preventive maintenance.
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience with PLCs (programmable logic controllers) including but not limited to hardware, programming software and communication protocols
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience with AC/DC motors and controls and variable frequency (speed) drives
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience in applying safety practices for electrical (low, medium and high) voltages, mechanical and environmental hazards such as hazardous chemicals, gasses, and confined spaces
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience working with industrial systems and processes
- Three yearsof demonstrated experience with a computer including hardware and software
- Demonstrated experience in oral and written communication skills in reading, writing and applying oral and written instructions
- Skill in working in a team environment and working independently on projects
- Skill in the safe operation and use of basic hand and power tools, trade tools such as conduit benders and pipe threaders and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Skill in bending and installing conduit as per the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Skill in installing, pulling, soldering, splicing and terminating wire
- Skill in working with variable frequency (speed) drives, installation, programming, maintenance and repair
- Skill in creating or modifying new or existing technical publications and electrical drawings
- Skill in applying industry codes and guidelines in the design, installation, and maintenance of plant electrical equipment
- Skill in performing basic math functions including algebra and trigonometry
Supplemental Information LICENSING / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Washington State Driver's License or equivalent
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent training (documentation may be required)
: This position is represented by Wastewater S.E.I.U. Local 925WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working inside and outside and in inclement weather conditions at a Wastewater Treatment Facility.For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Senior Human Resource Analyst
Transfer candidates will be selected based on the CBA. Reviews of performance appraisals, personnel files, internal reference, BT / Vacation usage logs, etc. will also be conducted prior to any final job offer.
Closing Date/Time: 10/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific