About Our Job
The Department of Finance Payroll Division is looking for a Payroll Associate to perform Citywide payroll and leave duties. This individual will work closely with the Office of Human Resources to process leave cases with our Time and Attendance system in accordance with FMLA rules and regulations. We are looking for someone who is good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. In addition, this individual must have great communication skills to interact with colleagues across the city.
As a Payroll Associate, you will:
- Partner with Human Resources on Family Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence and Military Leave and process in accordance with internal payroll rules and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Need to have an extensive knowledge and experience of FMLA process from start to finish. Will review FMLA documents and follow detailed instructions when processing leave cases in time and attendance system.
- Assist with creating and planning leave calendars for extended leave of absence.
- Assist Lead Payroll associate by reporting detailing labor-related data (i.e. time off and overtime use). In addition, assist with time used reports for Family Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, IAP to Leave of Absence.
- Utilize Salesforce to process leave cases and review incoming case information.
- Prepare, process, and audit employee time reports (both time sheets and e-time data) in accordance with internal payroll rules and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll problems, which may include analyzing problems with time and attendance data and making corrections.
- Research variances in the application of payroll policies and procedures and corrects any errors and/or oversights.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with processing FMLA Leave cases.
- Experience with processing ADA (Americans with Disabilities) Leave cases.
- Familiarity with FMLA Federal Rules.
- Experience processing Military Leave and Pay.
- Experience processing Workers Compensation.
- Experience processing Leave of Absences.
- Experience with Standard Insurance and processing high volume requests.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three (3) years of clerical/technical experience performing a variety of payroll processing activities.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
CV2367 Payroll Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $22.07 - $32.22
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here