Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
.About The Position
The Police Analyst performs professional level administrative duties based on assignment including but not limited to:data/statistical analysis, crime analysis, intelligence analysis, research, crime mapping and analysis, accreditation compliance, strategic planning, and performance measures.Selection Process
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Screening
- Physical Examination
- Psychological Testing
- Background Investigation to include Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in Criminal Justice,Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field, and
- Two years ofprofessional level administrative experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Conducts crime trend/pattern analysis activities using qualitative, temporal and geographic measures and statistical methods and prepares crime analysis bulletins and reports on crime rates.
- Researches current local and national police trends; makes recommendations on policies and procedures, practices and methods of operation based on current research and legal requirements; evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations; forecasts technological needs; monitors the usage of technology within the department.
- Ensures accuracy, consistency and clarity in policy and procedural manuals and compliance with accreditation standards.
- Completes criminal history inquiries into federal, state and local data files.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to review the entire job description.The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machines requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement.
: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 2/21/2019 11:59 PM Arizona