Salary: $53,609.00 - $68,420.00 Annually
Classification: Represented by SHRA Employee Association Assist in the coordination and administration of CDBG Program within the City or County Areas
Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to an Oral Exam. As part of the Oral Exam, candidates may be required to respond to some written questions.
The opening in Community Development is for a Range I or Range II.
Range I: $53,609-$68,420
Range 2: $62,059-$79,204
Please thoroughly complete the supplemental questions when submitting your application. Applicants who answer "see resume" on the supplemental questions may be disqualified.
Essential Areas of Responsibility
Planning and Implementation
• Analyze and Develop census data and demographic information to determine CDBG project area eligibility
• Develop, Organize service provider files, service contracts, amendments, memorandum of understanding
• Organize field visits to monitor city and county CDBG sub-recipients/grantees for compliance
• Develop, analyze financial data for CDBG budget, department reports
• Evaluate, analyze, coordinate and implement required documentation for CDBG monitoring requirements
• Develop, coordinate required yearly status reports to HUD, (City/County Action Plan, Federal CDBG evaluation and reporting reports, housing impediments)
• Develop, analyze, implement 3 and 5 year goals and objectives for city and county CDBG
• Assist, coordinate with staff teams in community development, development services, housing services, administration, loan management, finance, legal concerning policy/program/project issues
CDBG Program Support
• Process sub-recipient payments, billing statements, public hearing notices
• Coordinate meetings with program staff on technical program issues
• Develop timelines/gantt charts for project development
• Develop newsletters, staff reports, letters, memos, special project assignments upon request
• Analyze, track, CDBG eligibility requirements according to current federal guidelines
Other Program Support
• Research, evaluate and implement internal and external communications to Agency staff members
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, HUD mandated software, Outlook, Internet
• Attend City/County/Agency meetings upon request
• Coordinate grand openings, meetings, workshops, presentations
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree plus 3 years experience or 7 years experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities
OTHER DUTIES: All employees may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time. An employee with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty being added is an essential function of the position, or can be carried out with reasonable accommodation. Every employee is expected to participate in discussions of individual, department and Agency performance and work on problem-solving teams as assigned. Any employee serving on a problem-solving team may be asked to carry out the role of team leader.
Any person driving for Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency must maintain a valid driver's license on his/her person, and demonstrate compliance with the motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability.
Closing Date/Time: 3/1/2019 5:00 PM Pacific