The City of Riverside Police Department is accepting applications for the position of ACCOUNT CLERK II
to fill a current vacancy in their department.The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies in the Police Department and/or any other department throughout the City of Riversideforup to six (6) months.
SUCCESSFULCANDIDATESMUST PASS A THOROUGH BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT.As part of the requirement to be considered for the Account Clerk II position in the Riverside Police Department, applicants selected to move forward will be asked to complete and submit a Personal History Statement (PHS) . A copyof the PHS document can be viewed and downloadedHERE. Please note that you arenotrequired to submit this document with your application at this time.
Account Clerk IIs, under supervision, perform accounting, analytical, and/or clerical work that involves posting, checking entries and balancing accounts in a customer informationoraccounting system; perform a variety of tasks in the preparation of utility bills; and do related work as required. *** The salary that is posted for this recruitment is for any applicant deemed a new member under the Public Employee Pension Reform Act of 2013. For all others, please reference the City's salary schedule. ***
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledger records according to established account classifications; maintain project files.
- Post entries from supportive records and balance against other records.
- Serve at public counter collecting service payments and license fees; make change; count cash and verify receipts; make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare and audit voucher packages for payment to vendor; prepare purchase requisitions and change orders.
- Post charges to accounts.
- Calculate personnel, equipment, and other costs for special projects.
- Assist in departmental budgetary control.
- Prepare financial and statistical reports.
- Utilize a personal computer,calculator, and other office equipment to carry out assigned clerical functions.
Qualifications Recruitment Guidelines:
Education: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade preferablysupplemented by courses in accounting.
Experience: One year of experience performing the duties comparable to those of Account Clerk I
in the City of Riverside.Highly Desirable Qualification:
Necessary Special Requirements :
- One year of experience in performing accounting and/or clerical work that involves posting, checking entries and balancing accounts.
- At least one year experience verifying certified payroll.
- Experience working for a law enforcement agency.
- Must be able to pass an intensive police background investigation (for Police Department positions only).
Selection Process DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process.This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.IMPORTANT:
Appointment is subject to successful completion of an in-depth pre-employment background investigation, medical/physical examination, and drug and alcohol test; and may be subject to polygraph examination, and/or psychological examination As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified. NOTE
: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list. All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.