Open Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 Exam #19/50B12/06RUPriority Screening Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2019Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled Summary of Position:
The Emergency Medical Services Bureau of the Health Department is seeking a dynamic, energetic and motivated candidate to fill a full time EMS Analyst position. The EMS Analyst is a staff-level professional position that reports to the EMS Director and performs administrative, analytical and oversight activities to ensure that EMS providers in the County conform with Federal, State and local regulations related to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medical care.
The EMS Analyst's position is responsible for managing the EMS System multi-casualty incident medical disaster preparedness and response programs. The incumbent will be analyzing, recommending, and implementing solutions to improve the EMS system, evaluate operational, contractual, and clinical performance and recommend methods of improvement. The EMS Analyst will also assist in the certification and accreditation of pre-hospital personnel, development of comprehensive pre-hospital care disciplinary program including investigations, certificate probation, suspension, and revocation of EMT applicants and certificate holders. In addition, the position will serve as an on-call EMS Duty Officer.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future temporary or regular vacancies as they arise . Examples of Duties The Ideal Candidate: Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, and equipment used in basic and advanced life support pre-hospital care.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing basic and advanced life support pre-hospital systems, including the California Emergency Medical Services Act, and the California Code of Regulations, Title, 22, Division 9.
- Knowledge of capabilities and applications of electronic management information systems, word processing programs, spreadsheets, email and calendar programs and presentation software.
- Knowledge of functions and operations of Emergency Medical Services Programs, including applicable laws and regulations
- Quality improvement practices as applied to emergency medical service organizations
- Ability to analyze trends, legislation, operating issues, and complex administrative and technical problems, develop and evaluate alternatives, and formulate and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to review, revise, develop and implement EMS Agency Policies and Procedures, and treatment protocols.
- Ability to prepare effective reports, correspondence and other written communications
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Understand prehospital care practices.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Demonstrate professional behavior and judicious management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Independent worker
- Detailed oriented
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example how requirements might be met is included in the position description. Generally, the requirements may include:
Three years of progressively responsible supervisory OR administrative experience in the field of health care services or hospital administration. OR
Equivalent to Completion of a bachelor's degree in health administration or related field. Conditions of Employment:
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's license or the ability to provide alternative transportation that is approved by the appointing authority.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
- The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
https://www2.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/50B12.pdf Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES TO APPLY :
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the final filing date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED; Priority Screening: Wednesday, June 26, 2019
All application material must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled.
Or apply on-line at:
- Monterey County Employment Application Form
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel Please be aware if the application form, responses to supplemental questions, and copies of Certificates are not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further.
Resumes may be submitted but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4515. SPECIAL NOTE:
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4515. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity an authorization for employment in the U.S. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.BENEFITS: The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package (X Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "X" MOU prevails over this listing.
See http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=62270 for more information (X Bargaining Unit Benefit Summary Sheet.)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.