About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th -busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually.
At Denver International Airport (DEN) our mission is to ensure the safety of the traveling public, Airport personnel, and the concessionaires and vendors that utilize the facility every day. If you are passionate about safety and aviation then this is your opportunity to play a leading role in installing, maintaining, and optimizing the electronic communication systems our world class Airport relies upon.
- Performs network management including switch programming for Fire Alarm and Emergency Communication System (ECS) network devices.
- Network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Installation and configuration of servers on Fire Alarm system. Assesses, repairs, and optimizes network performance.
- Integration of ECS with visual textual displays and other Fire Alarm systems.
- Manages and maintains network diagrams and schematics. ECS and Fire Alarm Software maintenance, backup, and upgrades.
- Conducts all inspections, testing, and corrective maintenance in accordance with NFPA 72, Building, Codes Denver Amendments, ECS Operational Plan and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Performs repairs to all fire alarm systems found during daily, quarterly, and annual inspections and testing.
- Responds to Denver Fire Department requests for assistance with fire alarm operation.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Five (5) years fire alarm experience performing maintenance, repair and installation.
- Experience in IP/Ethernet switch programming and maintenance.
- Experience installing, maintaining, and/or testing fire alarm systems.
- Experience configuring computer networks.
- Experience with PLC controlled systems.
- Associates' s Degree in Electronic Technology.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate
- Three (3) years' fire alarm experience performing Information Technology communications maintenance, repair and installation.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Appropriate Information Technology Certification required.
- Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Requires valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Requires a Denver Journeyman Fire Alarm License required at time of application.
FBI Background Check: An FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony conviction and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance / be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: this position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory extended/additional shifts can be required. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties, which vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays.About Everything Else
CI1660 IT Communications Technician I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$30.60 - $44.68
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here