DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
La Puente Medical Therapy Unit
800 Tonopah Ave.
La Puente, CA 91744
Essential Job Functions
A PT II provides patient services 50% of the time, which includes but is not limited to:
- Patient evaluation, treatment, and consultation with other service providers.
- Establishes therapy programs including classroom, home and technician programs that will be monitored by therapy unit staff.
- Documents evaluation results, treatment and consultation according to the Medical Therapy Program's Policy and Procedure guidelines.
- Makes recommendations for appropriate follow?up including referrals, durable medical equipment (DME) and orthotic.
- Fabricates casts and splints that will be monitored by therapy unit staff.
- Provides input at Medical Therapy Conferences on assigned cases.
- Utilizes knowledge of Children's Medical Services (CMS)/Medi-CalDME regulations and policies and clinical expertise to consult with Medical Therapy Program staff regarding appropriate DME and orthotics for a patient e.g., DME Loan Program, DME clinic.
- Performs or oversees all case management activities (e.g., authorizations, financial eligibility, request for records) for a specific caseload; Assists with Administrative and Supervisory duties.
Requirements MUST CURRENTLY BE A PERMANENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY EMPLOYEE WHO HOLDS THE PAYROLL TITLE OF PHYSICALTHERAPIST II. License:
- A License issued by the California Board of Physical Therapy as a PT.
- Desirable qualities such as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and diverse agencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent organizational skill.
***DO NOT APPLY ONLINE***
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title ofPhysical Therapist II
are invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, copies of their attendance record for the last 24 months, and any additional information the candidate wishes taken into consideration. All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview.Interested candidates should submit documents via US mail or email to:
Children's Medical Services
Medical Therapy Program
9320 Telstar Ave
El Monte, CA 91731Phone: