Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A Financial Analyst II
is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV’S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement. ESSENTIAL INFORMATION:
This job posting will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. THE ROLE:
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The salary range for the position is $75,372.19 - $121,323.19. Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience. Depending on qualifications and experience, the incumbent can expect to start between the minimum of the range and up to around the 25th percentile of the range.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
Manages, coordinates and directs a wide range of financial services including accounting, grants, treasury, budget development and implementation, long-range financial forecasting, and financial analysis. Incumbents in this class perform complex technical, financial and statistical analyses associated with a variety of City programs and initiatives, including the preparation of financial statements, from the development, approval, implementation and monitoring of the City’s operating and capital budgets to the development of long-range financial forecasts, analysis of capital development and financing alternatives, implementation of automated systems, administering grants, debt management and cash management. Financial Analyst II
- This is the intermediate level class in the Financial Analyst series. Under general supervision, employees in this class are distinguished from a Financial Analyst I by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned including preparing budgets and financial forecasts, preparing financial statements, administering grants, more difficult and complex analyses on issues of significant impact for the City and implementation of integrated financial systems. Employees in this class may supervise a small unit of professional employees performing related work. Positions in this class are normally filled by advancement from the level I, or filled by candidates with prior experience.
The full job description can be found here: Financial Analyst II
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience
Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, accounting, economics, finance or closely related
- Four years increasingly responsible professional experience in accounting, auditing or budgeting experience.
- Experience in a public agency setting, programmatic or project lead experience and implementation of computer software packages preferred.
- Equivalency: Eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, auditing or budgeting may be substituted for the education and experience above. Experience in a public agency setting, programmatic or project lead experience and implementation of computer software packages preferred.
- CPA and/or MPA/MBA preferred.
SELECTION PROCESS: Complete online application
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver’s license within required time frame.
- Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City’s application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments. Oral Panel Interview
- Weighted 100%, Passing Score 75% Pre-Employment Screening
- Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Selection/Offers
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application. QUESTIONS?
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Cristina Petrilla, Talent Acquisition Partner
- Grade: ACE-22
- Minimum Salary: 75372.19
- Maximum Salary: 121323.19
- Pay Basis: YEARLY