Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A Special Assistant to the Mayor and Council
is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV’S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement. ESSENTIAL INFORMATION:
This job posting will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. THE ROLE:
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The salary range for the position is $57,246.53 - $90,885.17. Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience. Depending on qualifications and experience, the incumbent can expect to start between the minimum of the range and up to around the 25th percentile of the range.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm. May require to work on weekends for special events.
Under general direction of the Chief of Staff, uses independent judgment, initiative and discretion in supervising the operations of the Office of the Mayor and City Council.
The full job description can be found here: Special Assistant to the Mayor and Council
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional that exemplify the highest standard of moral and ethical behavior. The employee in this position will provide administrative and operational support to the Office of the Mayor and Council, and to the Chief of Staff, including coordination of special events and projects. The Special Assistant will have a passion for helping people, improving city government, and making positive impact in the City of North Las Vegas community. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience
Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public administration, business administration, communications or closely related field.
- Four (4) years of full-time progressively responsible administrative and analytical experience performing organizational and operational analyses work in a municipal government or business capacity, preferably including two (2) years of recent supervisory experience.
- Equivalency: May substitute a combination of equivalent education and experience which produces the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential function. The city assesses 1 year of fulltime experience as equivalent to one year of education.
SELECTION PROCESS: Complete online application
- Must possess a valid Nevada state driver’s license or have the ability to obtain, and maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Typing at a rate of 45 net words per minute without errors.
- Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City’s application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments. Oral Panel Interview
- Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70% E-Skill Assessment
- Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70% Pre-Employment Screening
- Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Selection/Offers
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application. QUESTIONS?
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Cristina Petrilla, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade: ACE-18
- Minimum Salary: 57246.53
- Maximum Salary: 90885.17
- Pay Basis: YEARLY