The expectations of this position are to support and understand LVCVA’s customer service needs and safety initiatives. This position secures the parking perimeters in a fast-paced environment and applies sound judgment and quick reflexes in emergencies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Maintain a presence when greeting ambassadors and guests. Provide guidance and assistance as needed.
- Manage access controls and greet people entering the property. Verify ID cards and vehicle permits and authorize access as directed.
- Monitor the overall movement around the perimeter for suspicious activity, unauthorized property removal and unauthorized personnel, and report it to the appropriate person for assistance.
- Conduct inspections of the exterior of the facility and open and close gates.
- Monitor equipment lay-down areas and other areas as instructed, ensuring proper equipment storage and travel paths remain clear.
- Practice and monitor safe equipment operations throughout the property’s exterior ensuring compliance with LVCVA’s safety policies and procedures.
- Preserve excellent working relationships in a dynamically diverse environment and demonstrates professionalism.
- Maintain excellent communication skills with all the diverse groups of individuals at the LVCVA, including person-to-person, over the radio, telephone, etc.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months of related experience and training; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Prior military, law enforcement, or security experience desired
- Basic Microsoft program knowledge
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license at the time of appointment and maintain it during employment
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain CPR/AED/First Aid certifications within 90 days of appointment
Specific Job Knowledge
TeamworkCUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
Customer Service expectations include ensuring persons, vehicles, freight and other materials are authorized to access the property and are in compliance with LVCVA’s customer safety guidelines. This position requires proactive identification of various safety risks while being attentive to the customer service needs of LVCVA ambassadors, show personnel, contractors, attendees, and other guests. Perimeter security ambassadors are expected to address complaints and offer assistance in resolving challenges.SAFETY EXPECTATIONS
At the LVCVA, safety is everyone’s job. All ambassadors are expected to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of safe work practices and to comply with established rules, policies, procedures and regulations. In addition, all ambassadors are responsible for eliminating and reporting hazards and incidents. We manage an environment that is safe for all and where tools, guidance and personal involvement are key to our success.DIVERSITY EXPECTATIONS
Inclusion and the embodiment of not only tolerance but a genuine appreciation for a diverse workplace is an essential element of the LVCVA’s culture. Supporting and respecting the various cultural values, behaviors, beliefs and attitudes leads to successful ambassador relations and business results. All levels of supervision are expected to ensure diversity is practiced and is a managing strength in their operation. All levels of ambassadors are expected to respect and support diversity in the workplace.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The individual in this position must be able to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to read printed materials and a computer monitor. Ability to communicate in person or over the radio or telephone. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, bend/stoop, walk/run, stand, and climb. Drive a motor vehicle. Work in varying weather conditions.
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org